Friday, September 23, 2011

Lorra Lolly Lentils

IMG_2058

It's starting to feel a little autumnal here in Vancouver, and by that I mean it's raining. Standing at the bus stop in the rain is not a particularly heartening experience, so I like to have something warm, tasty and filling waiting for me at home. Today's recipe fits that description perfectly.
The dish I went for was Tarka Dal, following Anjum Anand's recipe. We have Anjum's book I Love Curry back home, and the dishes in that were delicious, so I had high hopes. I was not disappointed. This dal is warming, moreish and as a bonus, healthy! I served it with this zucchini rice, minus the cheese!
You can find the recipe here.

IMG_2063

In other news, do you know how hard it is to make daal look nice when it's dark and you just want to devour it?

1 comment:

  1. that zucchini rice looks (and smelled) soo good. i may have to try that.. maybe with quinoa?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)