Thursday, December 16, 2010

Artist of the Week - Dear Reader

Last artist of the week before I go home! Quite a short one this time. Since next week is going to be pretty busy (and who is going to be reading this blog in Christmas week anyway?) I probably won't be posting an artist of the week. You have no idea how excited I am to be going home for Christmas! It feels like such a long time since I was home last (well it has been almost 4 months), and I can't wait to see my friends and family, and give Molly the dog lots of cuddles. I have one exam left, on Saturday, then I am flying out on Sunday night!

Artist of the Week - Dear Reader




Dear Reader are a band from Johannesburg, South Africa. I first saw them at a festival a couple of summers ago, playing in a cowshed! They have released one album, Replace Why With Funny, and numerous singles.  I really don't know much about them apart from that, and that I really like them! I wanted to have something a bit different this week as I have been featuring lots of miserable men in the past few weeks!

Way of the World
This is probably my favourite song of theirs, along with Great White Bear. Very catchy!



Great White Bear
Great song with a tragic video




Dear Heart
Fun take on a love song



The Same
Talks about the relationship she has with her home as a white south african - interesting stuff.



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. Had never heard of these guys, but they are just brilliant, loving listening to these tracks over and over again. Exactly the kind of music I adore <3 And that is why I love you making these posts. Your taste is so good :) See you soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)