Sunday, December 5, 2010

Music Round-Up

I thought I'd mix it up a bit, so instead of Artist of the Week, this week I'm going to do a little round-up of some of the music I've bought in the past couple of months.  Having iTunes has meant that I am prone to buying single tracks rather than whole albums, so these are some of the people that will most likely never make it to Artist of the Week, but who I want to share with you anyway.

Gravity of Love - Enigma
I heard this on a youtube video and thought it was pretty interesting. I'd only really heard Enigma on that Sarah McLachlan song before this, and hadn't given them much thought, but they sound cool.


Always A Woman - Fyfe Dangerfield
I'd been meaning to get this for a while - I already had a couple of Fyfe Dangerfield tracks, then this was on a really popular advert back home:


I love his voice on this song.


Chicken Payback - The Bees
I love this song, it makes me want to dance around like a mad thing.  Complete nonsense, but in an intelligent way.



May Colven - Emily Smith
A traditional song that I have heard a few times before - most notably by Bellowhead as the Outlandish Knight - it's nice to hear the scottish version sung by a scottish girl.




Life is a Minestrone - 10cc
I heard this on the radio and was so amused/confused I knew I had to get it!


Song to the Siren - This Mortal Coil
Another radio one - this was on the chain on Radcliffe and Maconie. I just think it is entrancing.


(It's Not War) Just the End of Love - Manic Street Preachers
One of the new singles from a band who's songs I remember from childhood - a bit of nostalgia, but also a really catchy song!


Acts of Man - Midlake 
Another Radcliffe and Maconie one

Waterbound - Michael McGoldrick
This one really grows on you. A good winter song.




1000 Years - The Coral
Sounds old, but only came out a couple of months ago

Don't Look Back Into the Sun - The Libertines
Another one that I have been meaning to get for a while. Any Gavin and Stacey fan will know this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)