Friday, November 26, 2010

Another One Crossed Off!

Last week I managed to cross off another experience on my Canadian to-do list - I finally had poutine! We went to Belgian Fries after yoga, where apparently they serve the best poutine in BC. Now, I'm no expert on poutine, but it seemed pretty good to me - but then how could it possibly be bad - and Eva, the poutine expert seemed to approve!

The evidence

In case you don't know, poutine originated in Quebec, and basically consists of fries topped with cheese curds and gravy. Hideously bad for you, but ridiculously tasty!
Eva managed to finish hers, but I didn't quite get that far, I'm afraid - I just wasn't hungry enough. Maybe next time, and believe me, there will be a next time - it was delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I am sad that I didn't eat poutine in Montreal :( Perhaps one of these days I will make it to Vancouver and try it there!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)