Sunday, October 16, 2011

Song of the Week

Hi there! Another busy week, full of quizzes and lab reports. Two midterms next week too - yay!
Sometimes I get a bit fed up of how big my university is. In some ways it is great because there is a huge variety of people, and it means that we get some really awesome facilities. However, on the other hand it does just make one feel completely anonymous sometimes. I've had over 25 professors in the past two and a half years, but a maximum of 3 have ever actually learnt my name, some of the classes are so huge. It was quite a big shock in first year. I came straight from my sixth form, where the biggest of my A-level classes contained only 17 people, and where almost all of the teachers in my school knew who I was, sometimes even though I had never been taught by them.
Thank goodness, then, for my swedish class. Our class only has about 30 people, and our professor learnt all of our names within a week. Learning a language makes it easy to get to know people in the class because we are all struggling through conversations in swedish together.
Every Friday, we finish the class by singing a song in swedish. Last Friday we sang this song, and I really liked it so I have decided to make it my song of the week.

Satan i Gatan by Veronica Maggio
(if you don't speak swedish, there is a helpful translation of the lyrics here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)