Sunday, September 30, 2012

University Life

Just wanted to show you that I do actually do work and go to class, I'm not always procrastinating!
My favourite class this year, and of my whole university experience (yes I know this only 3 weeks in) is Ornithology. I was worried for a while that I wouldn't get on the course, which, as anyone who knows me can guess, was rather stressful. You see, I love birds. Birds are my "thing". The subject I can bore my friends to death with. So, any class where I get to do this:
is a total winner as far as I'm concerned! This was taken in my lab this week, when we went to the botanic gardens where someone was banding as part of a research project. We took advantage of her mist nets and got to handle some birds! That one in the picture is a black-capped chickadee. The labs alternate between indoor sessions that use the museum specimens to help us learn the different taxa, and trips to spots close to campus for birdwatching. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)