Saturday, November 6, 2010

Remember, Remember

Yesterday was Guy Fawkes' night, and a time when I really miss being at home. I miss bonfires and fireworks displays and bonfire night food and that particular feeling of coming inside after watching fireworks on a cold, frosty night and the smell of gunpowder in the air...


On bonfire night, I semi-re-enacted burning the Guy by starting a month of unlimited hot yoga at Bikram Yoga Commercial Drive. If you don't know what hot yoga is, it is when you do yoga in a room heated to 40C. It warms the muscles so you can stretch deeper than usual, and it can burn up to 1000 calories a pop. It is also very hard work! My first class was terrible, it inched by so slowly and I couldn't do half the postures because every time I stood up I almost fainted, but afterwards I felt amazing. I knew I wanted to go back and get better, so this evening I went again and it was so much better! It's amazing how much has changed after only one class - bring on the whole month!
I may not be posting as often this month, because I will be doing yoga as often as possible, and it can take over an hour to get there depending on the traffic. I will try to post when I can.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Ju :) I never comment here because I don't want you to feel I'm like stalking you around the internet, but I am, both commenting and stalking you around the internet :P, and I just wanted to say that hope you find some time between yoga sessions to do more Artist of the Week posts, because I do love your music taste, it tends to be better than my own! Isi xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)