Thursday, April 7, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 1

So here we go on day 1 of the 30 Day Song Challenge, and of course they started with the hardest one: Your favourite song. I really don't have a favourite song - I like too many to ever make a definitive choice! In desperation, I looked at the most played songs on my iPod and was bemused to find that many of the top ones were songs that I don't actually like that much. Have a look:
Picture 3

I am totally confused by number 2 - I mean, I like that song, but listening to it 1980 times? That can't be right.
Anyway, finally, down at 9 is a song I genuinely adore. I don't know if it is my favourite, but if you count the number of times I have listened to it in the car with the bass turned up, it must be my most listened-to song. So I have gone for that one!


Seth Lakeman - Sound of a Drum
IMG_02571
The man himself in action at Cropredy 2009

Spine-tingling bass, slightly creepy lyrics, Seth's lovely voice, and that mando bit at 3:30 make one fab song!

2 comments:

  1. WOWZEEERSSAAA, your top plays are in the 1900's?!?!?!?! mine are at like, 400! impressive, man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine are at... 30....
    Granted I go through SERIOUS music phases, and have deleted the list once, and it isn't synched with my ipod.
    Also, I feel bad for the other songs if I play the other ones too much and they feel left out, so I try to listen to as wide a cross section of my library as possible.
    That was a weird thing to admit.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)