Saturday, April 16, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 10

Today's description is quite fitting for how I feel today - A song that makes you fall asleep. It was also a very easy choice. I've gone for Silent Sigh by Badly Drawn Boy, although it isn't the particular song that makes me fall asleep, but the album it is taken from, the soundtrack to About A Boy.
Around the time the film came out, my sister bought the soundtrack. It proved very popular with my whole family, and we would listen to it in the car. I distinctly remember a time that we went to visit my family in Co. Durham - one day, this CD was playing as we were driving back to my Grandparents' house from my Uncle's house. Suddenly a song came on that I had never heard before. I was completely puzzled - we had had the CD for months, and I had listened to it many times... Only then it dawned on me - I had only ever listened to it at night, or on long car journeys, and I had always fallen asleep halfway through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)