Monday, April 25, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 19

Today's description is a song from your favourite album. The album I have gone for is Rumours by Fleetwood Mac, since it was the first album I actually loved as an 'album' rather than a bunch of songs I liked. Now, in no way was I alive when this record came out, my love for Fleetwood Mac is definitely my parents' doing, so a big thank you to them for introducing me to one of my favourite bands!
and yes, I know that Rumours is everyone's favourite album, and therefore a bit of a boring choice, but there is a reason so many people love this album and that is that it is amazing. The combination of three main singers and songwriters means that the sound is incredibly varied, and the anguish that they were all going through at the time runs through the entire album, giving it this unexpected edge. Fab! It was so hard to choose a single song, since one song could never sum up the entire album, so I have cheated and gone for one song from each of the three main songwriters
first up, Stevie Nicks


Next, Lindsey Buckingham


and last but not least, Christine McVie









Ohhhh, and let's have one from all of them! I have no restraint tonight, I've just had about 5 long island iced teas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)