Sunday, April 10, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 4

Today is A song that makes you sad. I'm not sure any song makes me sad, exactly - music is generally a joyful experience for me, unless it is bad! However there are many songs that move me deeply, so I have gone for one of them today. I've also gone classical, because I find that classical music is the most likely to move me to tears. I have chosen A Child's Prayer, composed by James MacMillan in memory of the victims of the Dunblane massacre. Even before I knew the story behind the piece, the first time I heard it on the radio, it was so unlike anything I'd heard before and it moved me profoundly.
This version is by The Sixteen, my favourite choir, from their album Ikon and the soloists are Elin Manahan Thomas and Grace Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)