Thursday, April 14, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 8


Day 8 calls for A song that you know all the words to. Well, this was quite difficult, since I know the words to an awful lot of songs. There is a lot of valuable space in my brain that I could use to store knowledge of chemical thermodynamics or phylum synapomorpies, but instead is taken up by song lyrics. I still remember all the lyrics to every song by the Spice Girls and S Club 7, who I was obsessed with when I was about 6. You get the picture.
Since this was so hard to choose, I basically came up with my selection by skipping through songs on my iPod until I came to one that I really enjoy singing along to. It also happens to be rather nerdy!
I've gone for one of the songs from the Lord of the Rings musical - Lothlorien
I went to see the Lord of the Rings musical with my Dad just before it finished in the West End, and absolutely adored it. We have the CD, of course, and I do know pretty much the entire thing off by heart (yes, including The Cat and the Moon), but this song wins for today, thanks to all those twiddly bits, that bit of elvish at the beginning (told you I was nerdy), but most of all, it's sheer belt-ability!
The beginning bit is Legolas singing, but the main bit is Galadriel, played by the fabulous Laura Michelle Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)