Friday, October 29, 2010

I Used to be a Werewolf, but I'm Alright Now-ooooooooooooooooo

Tonight I am going to a party dressed up as a person who drowned - what time of year could it be other than halloween? I love any excuse to dress up - I always have fancy dress birthday parties - so of course I think halloween parties are great fun.  I have decided to put together a playlist of spooky music that you could play at a party, or you could just listen to yourself and get in the halloween mood!

Julia's Spooky Halloween Playlist
There is a mix here of songs with scary stories, songs about mythical creatures, and songs that are just a bit creepy!

Tam Lin - Medieval Baebes
What better way to start a halloween playlist than with a song about halloween? Medieval Baebes do a great line in creepy songs, but most of them are in old english.
Howl - Florence + The Machine
Werewolves?


Blood Red Sky - Seth Lakeman
Seth Lakeman is a veritable gold mine of dark tales, especially on the Poor Mans Heaven album.


Spaceman - The Killers
I don't really think I need to explain why I put this on the playlist - it's about a spaceman.


Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
Of course this had to be on here


Bad Things - Jace Everett
Aside from the fact that this is the theme tune to True Blood, it is also a spooky song


Hunting for Witches - Bloc Party
Modern-day witches


Dirt Room - Blue October
Quite possibly the most disturbing song I have ever heard


Freak Out - My Brightest Diamond
Ghostly and spooky


Invasion - Eisley
oooh things taking over people


The Humans are Dead - Flight of the Conchords
It isn't scary, but it is about robots taking over the world


Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon
More werewolves


How Death Comes
Ok, this is just plain creepy. Listen too it through headphones and you will know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)